Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Parenting

I am a parent, and a proud one at that. But friends of mine simply believe that my husband and I are not capable of being proud parents. It is in our genes they say, and I must add, the grand parents are like us to a large extent. So it may well be a big genetic component that is in play here.
Let me first write about what makes me proud of my offspring before I get into the 'what can be improved'...
1. Resilience: This is something I need to learn from her. So strong and such a come-backer. She is phenomenal in the way she has learned from the accident.
2. Commitment: Be it to a friend or teacher's expectations, can't even think of one complaint. Very very committed. She is really a 'there for you' kind of person, not in a Seinfeld way!
3. Focused: I cannot peel her from a book or TV show :-) I wish I had that kind of focus in anything!

Having written this, I will wait to put the 'what needs to be improved' list. There is a lot of time in life to work on it :)

No comments: