Wednesday, January 21, 2009

He is in....

It felt good to watch the inauguration and ceremonies that followed with the girls. I thank my job for giving me the day off to do so. We were so involved that I was even corrected by my 4 year old later in the day that he is now rightfully Prez Obama.
The part of the speech that really got to me, was the inclusive statement by Obama of all religions and the world as a whole. I really felt like I belonged after a very long time.
And there is enough being said about Michelle Obama. I loved the confidence and ease she showed. I am happy to have such a role model for my kids. Her choice of clothes and the designers she chose from, really what a statement! J. Crew outfits for the girls, now that is a sensible mom, wouldn't you think? My fashion conscious teenager agreed too!
Wish you all, the best.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Jeff and I really liked that part of the speech, too. So often "nonbelievers" like us feel excluded. I wonder if there will ever be an atheist president?