Sunday, November 11, 2007

I pray you have many more such successes....my friend

Monday, Nov 5 2007

My best friend took us out to dinner as he was celebrating a milestone, a company acquisition (he works for a company that got acquired for all the ‘right reasons’). I am told (I don’t keep tab into such business nitty gritties ☺) that such success stories are one in a hundred. I am glad I know of such a ‘one’. I happen to know for a fact that he worked very hard to get the company to this stage and was even happier to be part of the big celebration he chose to give to a small group. We went to a very nice restaurant in Washington D. C., The Bombay Club. Apparently the likes of Clintons and Bushes have been here and rank the place high on their list of good restaurants. I realized as I was sitting there, that he could have taken us to a diner and we would still have had the same amount of fun. I am not saying I did not enjoy the food, I loved it! It is the company I keep that brings out such laughter and mirth and that was again a highlight of this event. I have to say; in all these years I have known my friends, they have been able to put a smile on my face. This was even at times when smiles came with difficulty! Thank you K and J for the dinner and for being the ‘go to’ friends for R and me.

No comments: